Often considered detectives of the financial world, RGL discovers and defines financial value for insurance, legal, corporate and public sector clients.
This dynamic role includes providing daily reception support and some secretarial support to three teams of accounting staff as well as ad-hoc assistance to the HR, Finance and Marketing departments. In addition to standard reception duties (please see below) you will be responsible for dealing directly with RGL clients. You will work closely with the Team Secretary.
Standard hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm. These hours include an hour for lunch. You will receive 25 days holiday per year, in addition to the statutory bank holidays.
After successfully completing your initial 6 months probation you will be eligible for the company’s pension, travel insurance and private health insurance schemes. Salary will depend on experience and be competitive. Please state the salary expectations when submitting a CV.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answering calls and enquiries
- Meeting and greeting clients for meetings
- Set up and booking of meeting rooms including ordering refreshments as required
- Receiving and distribution of post, central emails and fax messages
- Support for accountants
- Prompt and accurate production of some documents and reports including copying, scanning and pdf-ing
- Updating new client records in Maconomy (CRM system)
- Assisting the Team Secretary with travel bookings
- Restaurant bookings
- Communications & IT
- Liaising with the IT administrator
- Ordering and refilling photocopier consumables
- Stationery ordering and stock control
- Liaising with local suppliers (taxis, cleaners, electricians, etc) and building management and maintenance
- Tidiness of boardrooms, kitchen, reception and common areas
- Ordering and refilling cleaning materials, kitchen supplies and first aid materials
Skills and experience
The role requires previous administration experience, ideally within a professional services environment. Previous use of Microsoft Office is essential and the Maconomy product would be an advantage.
The role also requires the following skills:
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of reliability
- Conscientious and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to deal with Partners, fee earners and external clients with confidence and credibility
- Pro-active and demonstrable experience of using initiative
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as the sole person in the office
- Ability to deal with confidential matters